History

1936

Company establishment.

1950

Jaime Pereira da Cunha, son of the partnership co-founders, started functions in the house. He worked at all the factory sections, thus acquiring experience and know-how in the textile area.

1966

Jaime Pereira da Cunha introduced in the factory a network of wood weaving machines he owned with another partnership and initiated the enlargement of the factory premises.

1975

Due to the increasing demands of the market regarding the quality and quantity, Pereira da Cunha SA acquired its first mechanical looms to meet the needs of production.

1979

First exports and new financial increase.

1988

Exports represent the major sales figures of the Company.

1990

Facing the pressure from international markets related to the demand and quality of products, the Company introduced the use of weaving machines in the factory system, improving the finish and perfection of patterns.

1992

The Company purchased computerized weaving machines. Productivity and quality of products immensely improved on reaching new markets. The machinery display was then consisting of electronically and computerized weaving machines.

1994

The process of exports to the exigent North American market was initiated. These exports were so important that they implied a turning point in the managing philosophy, a more sophisticated machinery display and profound specialized training of technicians and workers in general.

1999

PEREIRA DA CUNHA, LDA was awarded with the status of “Excellence MSC” (Medium and Small Company), directed to companies, which pointed out themselves for its economic/financial and management performance in the Portuguese entrepreneur board.

2000

The company was turned from a limited liability company into an anonym society.

2004

The company purchase of an jacquard machine, first in Portugal and Spain with 14500 needles.

2012

Pereira da Cunha SA is nowadays a synonym for prestige, accuracy and quality. Its main mission is meeting and overcoming the buyer’s expectations, offering consistent quality, based in high quality products and service. This can only be reached with a group of workers 100% dedicated to bring out the optimum quality product and service and the continuous up gradation of machinery.

Address:

Rua da Estrada Nacional 105, nº 992 Polvoreira 4835-164
Guimarães, Portugal

Phone:

+351 253 520 330

Fax:

+351 253 523 665

Email:

comercial@pereiradacunha.pt